Followers

Friday 1 March 2013

A bit of Patchwork



I went to my first workshop the other day at a lovely sewing shop not far from me called Beecrafty. The workshop was to make a quilters notebook. I've only been sewing about a year, I did sew at school but that was rather a long time ago LOL! So I was rather apprehensive as I've never done proper quilting before.  It was great fun, next stop an inky workshop me thinks.


This is called crazy patchwork and basically you cut out random pieces of fabric and keep sewing. There is space inside for an A6 notebook, it has a pen holder and three small pockets and places for storing bits and bobs.




This one is  a traditional log cabin design and I loved making them, apart from the dreaded bias binding! They have a magnetic snap closure and are quite sturdy. I'm in the middle of making another for when my sister comes over from the States for a visit this month. I can see me making a few more for gifts. Fancy a more vintage styled one.

Craft corner is still a no go area so I'm having a sewing spurt at the moment instead.


Have a lovely day and enjoy the weekend.

Take care and Happy Crafting xx

18 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Oh my goodness Paula, these are just amazing, you could really start your own cottage industry. Love the two different designs and yes a vintage one would be gorgeous. Lucky people who receive them.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs Brenda xxx

Sharon xx said...

Ooooooooo this are loevely. Looking forward to seeing the vintage one you will be making too :-) xx

Sophie said...

Meine Güte Paula, bist du zufällig auch Schneidermeisterin?
Das sind ja großartige Taschen geworden.
So akkurat und fantasievoll.
Super!
Ein schönes Wochenende
wünscht dir Sophie xx

Jenny Marples said...

Can't believe you've only been at this a year Paula!!! Having seen these amazing projects and your previous work I thought you had done this for your entire life. Superb work again and to such a professional standard. Hugs, Jenny x

Netty said...

Loving your beautiful patchwork pieces. I agree with Brenda you could definitely start up your own cottage industry. Hugs Annette x

Lucy Edmondson said...

These are gorgeous, Paula, what a lovely thing to own,

Lucy x

annemarks said...

Lovely work, how about a tutorial :)

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

This is absolutely fantastic, I love the patchwork covers. I can't believe you've only been sewing for a year!!! hugs xxx

Sam & Poppy said...

O my these are just ace Paula!
Big hugs from Poppy and me xxx

Sue said...

These are lovely Paula. The stitching is very professional. Well done you!!

Rossella said...

These are just lovely
Rosie x

Words and Pictures said...

These are delicious - I especially love the palette and patterns of the first one - wonderful crazy patchwork!
Alison x

Fliss said...

These are gorgeous Paula and would never have guessed that you'd only be sewing again for such a short time.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Maria said...

These are gorgeous Paula, and would make fabulous gifts! I love the colours in the first one especially. I hope you enjoy your prize, I'm looking forward to seeing how you use it!

Maria x

craft-roomjulia said...

Hi Paula, well from one sewing fanatic to another I have to say wow. I especially love the random quilting and the colours of the first notebook, I think I will have to have a little go at this. I can't believe you have only been sewing about a year, I have been doing it from the year dot and I'm certainly not as good as you lol Julia xxxxx

Terry said...

Love patchwork purses and these sewed creations are amazing! The first thing that came to my old mind was that you need to start a little shop! I had a patchwork purse and just loved it! Have a great day! Hugs!

Laurart said...

Oh WOW!!! These are so fantastic! I want one! ;o) I haven't done quilting for quite a while but I have some scraps of material to use and you have inspired me to give it a go! Thanks so much for your lovely comment and for joining my blog. Love from Laura xxxxxxxxx

Paper Profusion said...

I'm sorry I missed this one Paula - can't believe you are only sewing about a year - you are so so neat and perfect. These notebooks are stunning! Nicola x