Followers

Monday 17 December 2012

Mask It ~ Fashionable Stamping Challenges


Well I am certainly fashionably late for 'Mask It' which is the latest Fashionable Stamping Challenge. Fellow teamie Claire was the inspiration behind this challenge. As we are a stamping challenge we do require some stamping on your project and no digis please, Our generous sponsor is Marina from Cottage Crafts with a fantastic prize for the winning entree. Please do pop over to FSC head quarters for lots of lovely inspiration from those Fashionettes.



I found an old picture frame which I white washed and shabbied up a little adding a touch of gilding paste here and there. I cut some chipboard to fit and painted with gesso then covered with Tim Holtz tissue paper, added some more gesso to soften the effect then I used some stencils to add the butterflies and swirls. 
I tore some more tissue paper and decoupaged onto some mini frames adding more gilding paste and coated with crackle medium. I used some lovely stampsmith stamps for the inside of the frames and added a few embellishments to complete my vintage frame.

I hope you all had a lovely weekend and are not buried under an ever increasing mount of Christmas craftiness.

Have a Happy & Crafty Week.

I am entering this for 



22 comments:

Shirl said...

I really don't know how to comment on this Paula, words just fail me x x

It is the most charming and delicious thing I have seen for ages. You are always pushing the boundaries but this is pure delight.

Hugs Shirley x x x

hazel said...

Wow! This is fabulous Paula - I love how you've used all the elements.
xxx Hazel.

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning! Love how all the elements hang together so well and the colours are juts beautiful, right up my street!

Ink Art Designs said...

Frames within frames...a wonderful idea! And I agree it is absolutely stunning Paula! Love it
Dot x

craft-roomjulia said...

I adore this Paula, such a wonderful idea, absolutely beautiful. Julia xxx Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Those frames are so charming especially the addition of the tapes and paste.
Just too gorgeous for words!
Thank you for joining us at TSC this month and of course .... Good Luck with the Prize Draw.
Wishes
Lynne

Meggymay said...

One word comes after Wow and that is stunning, its a fabulous project.
Yvonne x

Ellie Knol said...

Lovely project, again!

Jenny Marples said...

This is beyond delicious Paula. The background has enough detail without deflecting the eye too much from those stunning mini frames. That would be a great way to display a set of family photos too. Hugs, Jenny x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, Paula, that's a fabulous project.

Daniele said...

OMG what a wonderful framed piece of art
hugs

Dorthe said...

How amazing, dear Paula, your idea of using the mini frames inside the big one, is wonderful, and the small frames are gorgeous in their new dress-- I love it.
Hugs,Dorthe

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Stunning project Paula! I am totally speechless....! xx

Unknown said...

Amazing! Love how you brought it all together.

annemarks said...

Beautiful project beautifully done :)

Fliss said...

Isn't it great to be fashionably late lol.
Such a beautiful creation with the most stunning images. Love the pretty background and the frames look amazing.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Elly said...

This is one of these..*looking with open mouth* creations. How cool is that? The decoupaged mini frames are really stunning.(:o)

Brenda Brown said...

Hi Paula.
I am still catching up a bit and love your 'masking' sample for FSC. The main frame is beautifully shabby as are the mini frames with the tissue paper on and the background is perfect for them.
If I don't get over again this weekend have a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Rosie said...

Wow, this is fantastic, great idea

Merry Christmas to you and yours

Debbie said...

I am always in awe when I visit your site Paula! This is absolutely stunning and I LOVE all the details! Gorgeous!

Thank you for joining us at The Stampsmith Challenge!

Merry Christmas and Happy Crafting!

Wishes
Debbie
^..^

Mrs.B said...

Hi Paula, just catching up, and what a wonderful frame, the colours are so soft with lots of lovely details. Love the stamped images you have used, just perfect.
Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.
Avril xx

Words and Pictures said...

Simply enchanting... Not sure how I've managed to not be signed up here, but I'm fixing that right now!!
Alison xx