Followers

Tuesday 13 September 2011

Pearly Queen Designed for Happy Daze


My sister has lived in the US for quite a few years now, and I know she still misses Blighty so I thought these fab Artistic Outpost Loverly London stamps were just the job for this folded card for her birthday, there is a good mix of images and text in this set I followed a tutorial to make this folded card by Loriette on her gorgeous blog A Perfect Waste of Time. The background paper is made by haphazardly applying watered down distress inks with a paint brush and stamping lightly with archival ink to achieve a faded effect. The pearly queen was coloured with watercolours and distress inks and of course a pearl necklace.


A triangular pocket was added to the inside of the card to store the bookmark. More images were stamped firstly onto the pocket embellishment and then onto the book mark (he looks very dapper don't you think?) which was then sealed with Ranger glue n' seal and finally a red tassel to complete.

Thanks for looking & Happy Crafting XX

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Paula. This is rather lovely. A gift and a card all in one. Beautifully made as always. Your sister will love it.
Regards Florence x

Fliss said...

This is really gorgeous Paula. The stamps are so lovely and your patriotic colour scheme looks great with those fabulous images.
I'm sure your sister will be thrilled to bits with your creation.
Fliss x

Anonymous said...

Hi Paula
A beautiful but also thoughtful card. The colours are so perfect.
Thank you for your comment on my Hallowe'en hanging. Initially I struggled as I don't really get into the Hallowe'en spirit but I did end up enjoying making the hanging.
Looking forward to seeing your new Steampunk stamps in action soon.
Wishes
Lynne

Ann B said...

Beautiful card and perfectly coloured, your sister will love it.

Sue said...

A great idea Paula and the stamps are fabulous. The sentiments make me think of Mary Poppins!