Followers

Sunday 7 August 2011

A little bit of Klimt!

Back in the land of the blogging! Not a lot of time for crafting at the moment unfortunately, but I have managed to make another little box. I have been lusting after some Cherry Pie Klimt stamps but I haven't managed to get them yet so the next best thing was some rather nice tissues I spotted whilst in the shop at the Fitzwilliam museum in Cambridge. It would be great if they did a mixed pack of printed tissues as you only need one or two of the same design so I will now have to make lots of Klimt style projects.





I was inspired to have a go at tissue decoupage after seeing Helen Chilton's article in a recent copy of Craftstamper. I painted the box with some matt emulsion then tore out the images and pasted them on with some PVA glue. I randomly stamped with a harlequin stamp and a swirl stamp. A touch of varnish and some inca gold, and my favourite krylon pen to finish.

I recently bought a lovely stamp from Magenta ' Papillon Post' and decided to use it on a anniversary card for my sister!


The other stamps I used on this card are the Tim Holtz Papillon set.

Short and sweet today folks!

Happy Crafting & a big thank you for all your lovely comments! XX

7 comments:

Netty said...

Oh wow your box is delicious, so love how you've created this beautiful piece.
Loving the card and am sure your sister will adore it. xx

Daniele said...

just simply stunning,they are both beautiful pieces of art
hugs

Anonymous said...

Hi Paula. Stunning work. The box is incredible. The card is so beautiful.
Regards Florence x

Anonymous said...

The box is stunning. I am a fan of Klimt and have the Cherry Pie stamps you mention.
Beautiful anniversary card, there is no doubt your sister will love the card.
Wishes
Lynne

MD said...

SUPERBE *

Elly said...

Your box is stunning. I have to take a look if our museum sells tissues and we can make a swap (:o)Love your card, also. Greets Elly

Andrea said...

Paula,

Love the card!! Thanks so much. What a wonderful keepsake. Kevin thought so too!!

Andrea xx