Followers

Tuesday 21 June 2011

Polkadoodles Challenge

Down at Polkadoodles the challenge is Butterflies and I decided to have a go at something slightly different, well not that different LOL, but less vintage shabby than my normal offerings. I made this card for the birthday swap I have joined on the Craft Telly Forum, so hopefully the recipient will not see it on my blog before they receive it.


I made an easel card and the papers used were Tim Holtz and some Kanban card stock in a burgundy colour. The stamp is curious by design that I bought from Stamp Addicts a while ago and is coloured using promarkers and distress inks. Embellished with roses from Wild Orchid Crafts and one of their new metal butterflies that has been slightly distressed and finished with some stickles (unusual for me as I don't do the blingy, glitter thing usually!) and pearls.

Another couple of cards made for friends birthdays that are more blingy than usual.



Both of these cards are using images from People and places Book 2 available from Crafty Individuals. I embossed pearlised card using the larger script embossing folder from cuttlebug. Papermania and Tim Holtz papers and more Wild Orchid roses and their new metal corners.

This last card is one following on from my last blog post and is another folded card which I love making as there is space inside the card in the pocket to add a tag, book mark or similar. The paper used are Tim Holtz Vintage shabby and Ella blue by GCD which are the most gorgeous papers in shades of blue and chocolate. The digital image used is one of the many available from Dezinaworld and the stamp is Labels by Lost Coast Designs another favourite of mine and is available from Happy Daze and more Wild Orchid roses to finish.


Thank you for all the lovely encouraging comments you are leaving. I really appreciate you all taking the time and trouble to visit my blog. 

Happy Crafting X


8 comments:

Granny Crafting said...

Still loving everything you do Ephemera. Unfortunately(!) will now have to visit Wild Orchids to see the butterflies. Love the way you have matted and layered the embossed card on the 50th Birthday card and the next one. In fact, that would be a good sketch to work from!

The Sparkly Fairy said...

Love the butterfly card. Beautiful!

jacirascrap said...

Suas peças são artes lindas, lindas!

Matilde said...

I found you on OVA - beautiful cards and another works! Greetings :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards Paula and beautifully made.
Regards Florence.

Astrid Maclean said...

All of them are gorgeous and you do blingy very well! I think my favourite is the Easel one at the top, love the stamp of that girl!

Tip Top said...

Lovely card - do like the colours! Thank you for joining in with the Polkadoodles challenge - hope to see you again next week!

Zuzu's Blog said...

very Beeeee yoooo teee full......